1. Burger King offers 2 free kids meals with any meal purchase during Coronavirus Crisis. Learn more HERE.
2. If your work hours have been reduced or you have lost your job, you can file for unemployment even if it is only for a reduction of hours. The good news is it will be based on all of the money that the person made from those jobs in the highest quarter our of the last 5 quarters. Just click, file a claim. HERE.
3. Some funds for service workers and those who receive tips. HERE
-Please note that funds for service workers and those who receive tips is available for undocumented individuals.
4. Chicago COVID-19 hardship and help page: Whether you are a parent whose income has dried up, a struggling freelancer, or enduring any other financial strife during this crisis, please feel free to share your story and ask for whatever financial help you need. HERE.
5. CPS Schools are giving away free meals for students/families (a breakfast and a lunch for each child. CPS will provide free packages of food that contain three days worth of meals for every child in a household. All CPS families will be able to pick up meals outside of their nearest CPS school between 9:00am-1:00pm on Monday-Friday throughout the closure. More info HERE.
6. United Way has a COVID-19 Community Economic Refielf Fund (help with bills, rent, and food). Call: 1-866-211-9966 and provide your zip code. They will give a list of local agencies to provide assistance.
is a comprehensive list of resources and rights for immigrants and refugees during COVID-19: (Put together by ICIRR: Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights).
Additional Resources From 48th and 40th Wards And Ways to Volunteer/Help: