Mission, Vision, Values & Welcome Statement
Mission: The community of Immanuel strives to be a living sanctuary of hope and grace.
Vision: We are united in God’s love for us in Jesus, poured out for the world through our service to Christ.
Our faith made active in love opens doors for all people to encounter
God’s love hidden in Christ, the source of our hope.
- We are a community rooted in worship of the resurrected Christ.
- God in Christ is at the center of who we are and what we do.
- We welcome all people, receiving their stories without judgement.
- We value transparency, accuracy and timeliness in all communications.
- We steer into the hard questions knowing we are safe in God’s grace.
- We are eager to follow the Sprit’s lead into the future.
- We nurture all people to embody God’s work in the world.
- Our walk matches our talk.
- The arena for living our faith is the world.
- We encourage each other in the way of the cross.
Welcome Statement: We rejoice that diversity in God’s creation enriches, nurtures and challenges
our life and ministry as followers of Jesus Christ and as servants in the world.
Because we believe that God’s grace is truly amazing, we are committed to welcoming all people to this place.
No matter where you come from, no matter what age, race, socio-economic background, family, or immigration status,
no matter your gender identity or sexual orientation, you are welcome here.
Grace is for everyone or it isn’t grace. It’s that simple, it’s that amazing.
Public Transportation: We are conveniently located about two blocks from the #22 Clark bus and a ten-minute walk from the Thorndale red line station.
Parking: On Sundays, parking is available at Senn High School (5900 N Glenwood Ave) half a block south of the church. An accessible drop-off location is located directly in front of the church entrance on Elmdale Ave.